If you have been injured in a Colorado Springs car accident caused by another person’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to financial compensation. All road users have a duty to avoid causing harm to other road users. As part of their duty, car owners must maintain and operate their vehicles with due care and carry insurance to cover any damage in case they are involved in an accident. When you are injured in a car accident, dealing with insurance companies can be stressful. The insurance companies will often try to avoid paying your claim or the full value of your claim. An experienced Colorado Springs car accident attorney can relieve you of the stress of dealing with the insurance companies and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a car accident, we can help you get justice. For more information about how a Colorado car accident lawyer can help you, contact Kane Dulin McQuinn Young.
- Kane Dulin McQuinn Young is a team of personal injury lawyers with more than 20 years of experience.
- Our team firmly believes that there is no greater privilege than advocating for the rights of our clients.
- We have a proven track record in the courtroom and record trial recoveries on behalf of injured clients.
- Our trial results and record recoveries set us apart.
For competent representation in your car accident case, contact the Colorado Springs car accident attorneys at Kane Dulin McQuinn Young. We will help you understand the legal process, file your claim, and protect your interests every step of the way. Call us today at (303) 246-1111 to schedule your free consultation.
Common Injuries Associated with Car Accidents in Colorado Springs
The severity of your injuries in a car accident will depend on the specific circumstances. The driver’s speed, other cars on the road, environmental elements, and road conditions can all contribute to a crash and the resulting injuries. Some injuries commonly associated with car accidents include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and lacerations
- Severe burns
- Spinal cord injuries
What to Do After a Colorado Springs Car Accident
The moment you are involved in a car crash, you must start thinking of what you need to protect your claim for damages. The actions you take in the aftermath of a car crash can determine whether you are able to recover compensation for your injury. After a car accident, there are several actions you should take:
- If the car accident happened in an area with moving traffic, it is advisable to move your vehicle away from the traffic to a secure and safe place if it is safe to do so.
- Call the police and make a police report. If the police report to the scene, they will take a report there. If not, you can file an accident report online in Colorado.
- If you or anyone involved in the car accident sustains injuries, it is important to promptly seek medical attention. Even if there are no visible injuries, it is advisable to obtain an evaluation from a healthcare professional as internal injuries may be present.
- Get the name, driver’s license, insurance information, car license and registration details, and contact information for all the drivers involved in the accident.
- Get the names and contact information of any possible witnesses at the scene of the accident.
- Document the accident with pictures and videos. It’s important to capture photographic evidence of the vehicle damage, any property damage, the surrounding environment, and any injuries.
- Keep records of every expenditure you make related to the accident and your personal injuries.
- Contact a Colorado Springs car accident lawyer as soon as you can.
How Much Compensation Can You Get in a Colorado Springs Car Accident Case?
When you have been injured in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence, you will typically be entitled to compensation for your total damages. Your total damages include the economic and non-economic losses that you suffered as a result of your injury. Economic damages are tangible losses such as past and future medical expenses and lost wages. Non-economic damages are intangible losses such as pain and suffering, and mental anguish. The amount of compensation you can recover for your car accident injury in Colorado Springs will depend on a number of factors including the severity of your injuries, the actual value of your claim, and any fault that can be attributed to you.
At Kane Dulin McQuinn Young our Colorado Springs car accident attorneys will fight vigorously to defend any attempts by the responsible party to shift the blame for the accident on you. Our knowledgeable attorneys have the knowledge and skills to pursue your claim and secure the best possible outcome in your case.
Why You Should Work with a Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorney
Colorado is an at-fault car insurance state. Unlike in no-fault car insurance states where your insurance company covers your losses up to a limit, without having to determine who was at fault, in an at-fault state a determination of fault is required before the insurance company pays a claim. When an insurance company receives a claim, they will investigate the accident, and usually, their aim is to limit their liability or avoid the claim altogether. Working with an experienced car accident attorney who understands the insurance companies’ tactics is the best way to protect your claim.
At Kane Dulin McQuinn Young our experienced car accident lawyers in Colorado Springs will help you in the following ways:
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Identify the legally responsible parties
- Help you understand the insurance claims process and be by your side through every step
- We will defend your position and fight to get your the most possible compensation
Will I Get Compensation if I am at Fault in a Colorado Springs Car Accident?
Even if you are found to be at fault for the accident that caused your injury, you may still be entitled to recover some compensation. Colorado follows a modified comparative negligence approach, which means that you can still get compensation for your injury as long as the percentage of fault attributable to you is less than 50%. In such cases, your recoverable damages will be reduced by the percentage of fault apportioned to you.
Get Help From a Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have suffered an injury in a car accident or lost a loved one as a result of another person’s negligence, we can help you. Take action today and contact Kane Dulin McQuinn Young today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Colorado Springs car accident attorneys. Call us today at (303) 246-1111.